Fun (= Travel) Stuff
Jan-Mar in 2015 we are circumnavigating
South America in the MV Prinsendam.
This is a 10-week cruise, the longest we
have undertaken, and hits several of the items on our bucket
- Traversing the Panama Canal
- Visiting Antarctica (we visited the Arctic in 2011 and
travelled as far north as 81 degrees North).
- Travelling up the Amazon - we travel all the way to
Manaus to visit the Opera House there.
- In 2014 we did the popular European River Cruise, from
Amsterdam to Prague. Check out the itinerary and blog at my
2014 River Cruise
- Some of our friends, like us, are in the "grey nomad" set,
and also like us, maintain various blogs. Here's a selection:
- In late 2013 we went round-the worlding again, focussing upon
the Cinque Terre and Amalfi coasts in Italy, then Jersey, then
Seattle, before returning to Australia to undertake the
circumnavigation cruise around Australia. Again, the web page
where you can read all about it is at my 2013 Round-World and
- In 2012 we did another round-the-world trip, but
less hectic than in 2006. Only three major stops: (2 days in
Singapore), 2 weeks in France-Alsace, 2 weeks in Seattle, 2
and a bit weeks in Tahiti. Read all about it on my 2012 Round-the-World
- In 2011 we took a cruise around the North,
Arctic and Baltic Seas. Read all about it on my 2011 Cruise Page
The Railway Photograph
Catalogue is a web-based description of my railway
- I am (or have been) a member of the following railway societies
- Railway Modelling (HO gauge)
Meccano: as a
boy, I had a 9++ Meccano set, which I think is a fantastic toy
for encouraging creativity in an engineering context. David
Williams has an equally fantastic Meccano Home
Page. While I still have the set (in a pair of wonderful
cabinets my father made), I don't play with it much
nowadays. Sadly, neither did my sons, who much preferred
Lego. Sit transit gloria mundi!
Marysville, Victoria (Oz), there is an excellent Meccano
Museum with many working models. It's called "Maniacal
Mechanicals", in Murchison St (the main street). Worth a
visit if you are in the area.
"Maniacal Mechanicals" was destroyed in the disastrous
Black Saturday bushfires (7 Feb 2009). See this
collection of photographs of the place as a
- Church stuff has been moved to a new Parish page.
This has now been moved to a separate